• Develops and maintains positive relationships with planning/building departments and officials within those departments as the liaison between Company and planning/building departments. (Multiple counties and jurisdictions involved)
• Knows and understands local sign codes as they pertain to our product(s) and willing to troubleshoot, challenge and dispute permits with issues.
• Prepares and submits applications to various agencies/boards having jurisdiction over required permits and/or approvals.
• Tracks permit progress through planning and building department and provides timely and accurate updates.
• Process and submit permit packages on a daily basis.
• Performs code checks and confirms any misleading code verbiage directly with the governing municipality.
Skills and Experience
• Ability to effectively speak to and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, jurisdictions and employees.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills is a must.
• Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel & Outlook
• Organized and detail-oriented with excellent planning skills
• Able to work independently under tight deadlines
• 3-5 years of signage permitting experience
• Must possess a current valid driver's license, a reliable vehicle, and valid automobile Insurance.
• Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
• Must be willing to sign a Confidentiality/Non-Solicitation agreement.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.