To apply for this position, please go to www.yesco.com/jobs and apply for R000022.
Performs service and installation of sign equipment, investigates and resolves customer reports or observations of technical issues with sign equipment, and identifies ways to eliminates future operational or service difficulties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with installing new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality
• Reviews reports, work orders, and documentation from customers and night patrol representatives
• Inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to assist in determining nature and scope of problem
• Helps troubleshoot and repair sign equipment and structures
• Performs electrical troubleshooting and repair to ensure functionality of electrical signs and lights
• Prepares and uses materials consistent with specifications of job service order
• Operates metal cutting equipment to accurately cut materials to service specifications
• Operates welding equipment to weld sign parts together
• Implements and maintains quality control and safety during service
• Sands, polishes, and cleans materials to be used for sign service
• Layout materials to be used for sign service
• Glues sign parts together
• Bends and shapes sign parts according to service specifications
• Touches up paint and performs detail of signs
• Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs to service department equipment and vehicle
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
• Performs duties to ensure department meets expectations and deadlines
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists rappel team to ensure safety of other service employees
• Assists in delivery of serviced signs and equipment
• Drives YESCO sign and equipment service vehicle
• Restocks and maintains parts and inventory of YESCO sign and equipment service vehicle
• Keeps shop area organized, clean and free from debris to maintain a safe working environment
• Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
• Interacts daily with employees and supervisors at the YESCO facilities to discuss service projects
• Interacts daily with customers at their location to discuss service projects
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to six years of demonstrated experience in service or repairs, power tool operation, welding, electrical, or related areas; acceptance or enrollment in the YESCO or other authorized apprenticeship program; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to read, interpret, and apply specification documents, government coding document information, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to apply geometric and algebraic mathematical calculations
• Ability to move, lift, and carry materials, equipment, parts, and completed projects
• Ability to communicate effectively
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is typically performed outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; balance; climb; rappel; kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. Must be able to occasionally move objects in excess of 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities include: distance vision, clarity of vision at 20 inches or less; and ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
We maintain a drug free workplace. Young Electric Sign Company is an EEO/AA employer. We welcome all qualified jobseekers. Jobseekers will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.