Contact me at:
Gerber Sabre 404 Computer Numerically Controlled Router with full Vacuum Table and Pump. All 3 spindles. All 6 axis have new Gerber rails with 12 new bearings and a new Y axis lead screw, New Gerber Pressure foot, Mist Coolant system, Gerber Anti-Vibration feet, New, uninstalled Gerber replacement Table kit (all new cutting surfaces for TVAC table), TWO registered Software packages of Delcam Artcam (One Express and One Insignia). and more-
Note- Not all items shown in photos. I have additional photos as required.
Also includes all of the following:
- 3 1/4 hp single phase Porter Cable router spindle (10,000 to 21,000 rpm).
- 7 hp 3 phase High Frequency spindle with Variable Frequency Drive and all connecting cables to interface with the Gerber controller (24,000 rpm).
- Engraver spindle with 2 new belts (single phase).
- Full T-VAC vacuum table with pump and filter assy.
- Brand new (Gerber) Mist Coolant system for milling aluminum or blowing air to cool cutter/work.
- Brand new (Gerber) pressure foot assy (shroud that covers the cutter and connects to a separate shop vacuum to remove swarf).
- Complete (Gerber), brand new and uninstalled full replacement table. This includes the 7 sheets and special adhesive to install. Once installed, new vacuum holes must be machined and the table resurfaced (new special Gerber cutter for this task included).
- 2 perpetual, licensed packages of AutoDesk/DelCam ArtCam software with matching dongles. You get one licensed Artcam Express Dongle Key and one licensed ArtCam Insignia Dongle Key.
- Also included is the AutoDesk/DelCam ArtSpool program to pass the part program file from Artcam to the Gerber Controller (tested and working). NOTE: These are the permanent versions not the new subscription, pay as you go version. These two softare packages with dongle keys cost around $3,000.00 USD. Requires a Windows Computer (we run Windows 7 Ultimate) with a serial card (Note computer not included).
-Software Version is Artcam 2015 R2 SP3 64 bit build 860. One Express and One Insignia.
- All 6 axis Precision Linear rails (all 3 axis) have been replaced with all brand new parts from Gerber.
- All 12 Linear bearing assemblies have been replaced with all new parts from Gerber.
- Y axis lead screw replaced with new unit.
- New Control Panel LCD screen.
- Gerber Controller is mounted on new roller wheels for easy placement.
- Vacuum Pump system is also mounted on new roller wheels for easy movement and positioning.
- Brand new Gerber shock absorbing, height adjustable feet. (4x).
- and More!
Note- Software, dongles, new Gerber replacement table sections (7 each, one for each zone), table adhesive roll, spindle Z-axis calibration sheet, cutter to resurface table and other items that are included with this sale are not shown in the photos. I ran out of photos in the listing.
Specifications from Gerber-
Table Size: 54" x 71.5" (1372 mm x 1816 mm)
Active Cutting Area: 53.5" x 54" )1350 mm x 1370 mm)
X, Y Axis Feed Rate: 600 inches/minute (254mm/second)
Z Axis Feed Rate: 300 inches/minute (125mm/second)
Max Positioning Rate: 1,400 inches/minute (593mm/second)
Repeatable Accuracy: 0.000078" (0.0019 mm)
Max Material thickness: 4.4" (110 mm)
Max Material Width: 59" (1500 mm)
Overall Size: 69" x 75" (1750 mm x 1900 mm)
Weight: 1,245 lbs. (564.7 kgs)
Minimum Work Space: 16' x 18' (4877 mm x 5486 mm)
Drive System: Patented Anti-Backlash Lead Screws
Controller: 32 bit servo
Certifications: CE, ETL
This complete system came from the U.S. Air Force's Research and Development Lab where they test manufacturing equipment to see if it could be applied to assist the Air Force with their maintenance mission.
This machine was in service when it was removed. The rails had to be replaced because of very light surface corrosion that had occurred along the way during transport. The Y axis lead screw was found to be unserviceable after closer inspection so that too was replaced.
Testing: System powers up and passes all initialization self tests. Window 7 CAD Computer running Autodesk/DelCam ArtSpool links to the Gerber controller and transmits the Delcam.Ger part program just fine. Single phase spindle runs fine. Engraver runs. I do not have 3 phase power in the shop to power up the other systems.
The software is very, very nice. Included is TWO fully purchased perpetual licensed versions of Autodesk/Delcam ArtCam with the extra cost dongle keys for each one. The dongles are software "Keys" that you plug into a machine and it activates that version of the software. This way you can have the software installed on your CAD computer (away from the shop floor) and another installed on the machine that connects to the Gerber. You use the version you need by simply plugging in the key and that version gets activated. All of this will be transferred to the new owner with everything I have for ArtCam.
The model 404 takes up much less space than the larger 408 model. I believe you can still load a full sheet into it, machine one side, turn it around or slide it forward or back and machine the other. Just requires supporting the ends.
See photos, Please contact me for additional information. Great system at an unbelievable price. This one is not a worn out one, but has had many key parts replaced with new.
Sold as is, no returns. This is a used system and there is no warranty expressed or given. Can be viewed under power in my shop.
Other sales information - Please Read!
No overseas sales. I sell only to a verified US buyer with a verified address.
Bank transfer or certified check accepted. Payment in full must be complete before equipment is released to the buyer. Any taxes or other fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
Local pickup at my shop is preferred for this but I will work with the buyer on loading to their shipper if they need it shipped and cannot come to supervise.
All shipping costs for all equipment to be arranged for and paid for by the buyer. I will agree to co-ordinate with the buyers transporters for pickup.
This will require at minimum a flatbed trailer with forklift for loading to be safe. I do not have a forklift at the shop, but I have two pallet jacks and it can be moved just fine with two pallet jacks to be staged for pickup by a forklift.
If you have any questions please ask!
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.